Crawling the dungeons for anime treasure.
I picked up another batch of full-length premiere reviews at AniFem this season. You’ll still get the usual Premiere Review On All The Things post later this week (once I’ve had a chance to sleep a little), but as has become tradition, I wanted to make these available in a nice digest post.
As has also become tradition, they’re organized by how highly I’d recommend them, from “a whole lot” to “not at all”:
- The Ancient Magus’ Bride – A beautifully animated adaptation of one of my favorite ongoing manga series. That opening chapter sure is side-eye-tastic, though.
- Recovery of an MMO Junkie – I found it super cute and charming, but YMMV if you’re bothered by its somewhat shallow handling of gender and sexuality.
- Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ A fun otome VN adaptation with smart pacing, a solid plot, strong aesthetics, and good boys? Folks, we found The Unicorn!
- Black Clover – A paint-by-numbers shounen fantasy series, but harmless enough.
- DYNAMIC CHORD – A poorly plotted, cheaply animated, angst-riddled mess. I kinda liked it.
- KONOHANA KITAN – A neat premise hamstrung by assault “jokes” and fanservice. Sigh.
- SENGOKU NIGHT BLOOD – The other otome VN adaptation. Almost hilaribad, but alas, not quite.
- Inuyashiki – Better executed than a lot of the shows above it, but so viscerally unpleasant that I just don’t care.
Did you know? Have you heard? The Josei Next Door has a tip jar!
One thought on “Panning the Stream: Fall 2017 AniFem Premiere Review Digest”
I thought these posts usually had you talking about all the show, not just the ones yo reviewed for AniFem?
I’m mostly waiting for the Simuldubs to start. But I am covering Yuki Yuki season 2, both halves of i, on my Blog. And I just watched ShoB!tch episodes 1 and immediately dropped it.
I disqus commented on a couple of your reviews.