Boldly going where… I go every season, actually…
Like I did last season, I tackled some of the full-length Summer premiere reviews over at Anime Feminist. I’ll have my usual Premiere Digest out later this week to give you a quick run-down of All The Things, but for now I figured I’d put these in one easy-to-find place.
To keep things simple for anyone who’s wondering which shows they should check out and which they should sink to the bottom of the sea, they’re organized from Very Best to Literally The Worst:
- Made in Abyss – I LOVED IT
- 18if – Lots of potential to be either really good or a total mess
- In Another World with My Smartphone – A by-the-book isekai light novel adaptation, but it’s so damned earnest it charmed me anyway
- Love and Lies – There are some really fascinating places this premise could go, but I don’t have any faith that it will
- Convenience Store Boyfriends – Unspeakably boring
- Angel’s 3Piece! – Anime was a mistake
Did you know? Have you heard? The Josei Next Door has a tip jar!